Monday, January 10, 2011

Some Fun Reading

Not too much sewing has been happening here, so I thought I'd share some of the fun books that I received for Christmas and my birthday. I love reading, and was really excited to get a Kindle for Christmas, but some books just must be read in book form. Books like these:
Yes, my sister is totally enabling my new knitting habit. Speaking of knitting, I've almost finished my sweater. All that's left is to weave in the yarn ends, do a little blocking and find a great button. Here's a sneak preview (in it's non finished state):




I am rambling just a bit. My body is fighting off some cold germs, and it has made me a little ditzy. Or maybe it's the strange snow day we've had making this an unscheduled long weekend. Maybe I'm confused because my hubby is making sugar cookies while we watch the Auburn-Oregon football game. And they are really GOOD!

Oops, I lied. There has been a little sewing going on here. I did make a muslin of the Amy Butler raincoat which I would really like to finish by the end of this weekend. I think I know what I need to do. It's those darn armholes and sleeves again.

So, I'll stop here, and flip through the knitting books to decide on my next project. Don't forget to enter the giveaway! I forgot to mention that I'll ship worldwide, this is open to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness! I'm learning to knit and my knitting looks nothing like that! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen The Fashion File before. I will look it up. Hope you are feeling better soon. Knitting when you have a cold can be quite a nice quiet healing activity. Your knit pattern showing on the mannequin looks great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails