Monday, August 8, 2011

Self Stitching Again

I've been on the fence, fellow sewists, about the Self Stitched September. I made it through Me Made June quite successfully, but I haven't done a lot of sewing this summer. Or rather, it seems like I've sewn a lot, but don't have much to show for it.


Anyway, the badge is ready, and I've decided to jump on the wagon again. September here in Atlanta can seem just like August. And July. And June. Hot. But yet, when getting dressed, you are sick of the summer outfits, and ready for fall. There is the added possibility (hope?) that it will get a little cooler as the month winds down. This should provide plenty of opportunities to style outfits that are comfortable during the heat of the day, but still work with the impending fall season, and perhaps a cooler evening or morning.


Plus, Kyle will be back in school, and I'll need to keep busy. So. There you have it. I'm joining in. I've added the badge to the sidebar as proof, but here it is again.

Photobucket

And here's my pledge:


'I, Ellen of  http://itsasewinglife.blogspot.com/, sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-Sept '11. I endeavour to wear at least one item that I have either self-stitched completely myself, or have refashioned, each day for the duration of September 2011.'

3 comments:

  1. I've joined again too! June was fun but hard as it's Winter here and I've only been sewing for a short time. Hopefully Spring will be a bit easier for me. See you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've joined in too! And since it will be newly spring I'm looking forward to getting into some warmer weather clothes this time around! I've done this before, once in each of winter, autumn and spring; it's a pity we never have one of these during our summer. Then again maybe not, as summer here is really hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I do love seeing all the self-made outfits that result from these challenges. So why do I not jump on the bandwagon? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails