Sunday, July 28, 2013

Avocado Project - Multiplying

The avocado project is continuing -- and multiplying! Before I get into what I mean by that... let's take a look at the unexciting stuff. That would be Austin.
Sadly, no visible progress. I'm not giving up on him though.

In the meantime, you may have noticed another seed in Austin's cup... that would be Austin2, and I just couldn't resist. I mean, when I recently cut into an avocado, I noticed the seed was already cracked.
Oooh, exciting!

But the real excitement is Buck. After almost 2 months, he's ready for planting... this will be the last time we see the root (and there is even about an inch of stem at the other end, just barely visible).
I'm planting this one in dirt today. Let's reminisce...

2 comments:

  1. Ellen, best of luck for Buck! There is probably no better food in my estimation. My nephew has a 25 foot avocado tree in his yard-lucky devil. I live in an area which can have frost ANY day of the year. Zone "can't grow it here".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your avocado posts! I had one, lived to be about 3, then it mysteriously died while I was traveling for work. Always think about starting another. Go Buck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails