Monday, July 29, 2013

Fitness Goals -- Bridesmaid Series (Sort of)

This is kind of a dual purpose post. First, just want to explain the absence of any sewing projects here on what, on first glance, might appear to be a sewing blog. I have embarked on a new diet plan. Let's call it a lifestyle eating plan rather than a diet. Really, it was either that, or amass an entire new wardrobe, because the current one was apparently shrinking. Phase 1 is 21 days, and while that sounds like a formal plan... it's not really. Just how long I'm giving it to see if it works for me, and if it does, I'll certainly tell y'all how I did it. I'm about halfway through this experiment, and am cautiously optimistic.

That means that I just don't want to start a sewing project if my measurements will be changing. Seems logical.

source
The Bridesmaid part of this post.

Ah, "fitness goals". That's the phrase we use in our note when a 'maid wants to order a size smaller than recommended because she is going to lose some weight, work out more, etc. Sometimes those goals are met and the dress fits like a glove, and sometimes, well, you know the end of that story.

3 comments:

  1. This all sounds familiar as I too have started making changes on what I eat. However I am still sewing , Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you miss sewing, you could sew something for someone else? :) Good luck with the plan & being a bridesmaid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for some home dec sewing, or at least some cute pillowcases. Good luck on your lifestyle eating plan, and wish the same back at me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails